Monday, December 21, 2009

Tithe

The importance of tithe:

Phillipians 4:13 says “I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me”. It does not say some things, a few things, the easy things or things I want to do. The scripture tells us all things are done through the strength Christ gives us. I was asked to share scripture and pray before our tithe and offering this past Sunday. After a week of ponder and prayer God kept reminding me of something my friend shared with me recently. She me said she wanted to be obedient and tithe but just could not afford too. I asked God to tell me what I could share with her because in all actuality she can’t afford not to tithe. He reminded me of the scripture I discussed above. I shared the scripture with her and challenged her to write her tithe check immediately after her payroll check was deposited into her account. She told me she would and later shared that she had prepared herself to be in the negative when balancing her check book after paying bills. She was so surprised to see that not only did she still have money left; she had enough to buy gas and groceries until her next pay check. She kept saying, “Susan this just isn’t possible” and I reminded her that all things are possible with Christ! If we are obedient, in what He asks us to do, He will provide for all of our needs.

Let us pray….Thank you Lord for this day and all that you have provided. I lift up my friends, family and fellow church members to you today. I also ask that guide my path towards those in need of your love and salvation. As Christmas comes upon us let us all remember the birth of Jesus Christ and the salvation His life has provided. Thank you for the sun that has shown today and provided a warm peace in my heart. Until we meet again, thank you for the life you have offered to me and I pray that I do not fail you. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment