Monday, October 19, 2009

Little Things

As I continue to study in a Women's Bible study entitled Women of Faith: Contagious Joy I am learning not to allow others to take my joy away. It goes back to the old adage "kill them with kindness". Our joys comes from the Father and the only way to lose that is if we allow Satan to take it. Satan may come in the form of a problem that arises, death, people or even places, however God will never give us something that He cannot handle. He is our rock, our shield and the one who provides joy in the darkest of time. Coming to work each day I smile when I look over and see a baby calf snuggled up to her mother, or the same goat out of the fence every afternoon on the way home. The hustle and bustle of everyday life often has us forgetting the little things God has given us, like the wind, the sunshine, a random flower growing in a field of weeds. When I see these things I take a minute and thank God for everything......even the ants on my porch at home. They are all GIFTS from our Father.Today (and any today for that matter)..........when you feel your joy leaving say aloud the verse written below. GOD is so good!!!! Let us not allow Satan to win.Psalm 5:11 "But let all who take refuge in you rejoice: let them ever sing for joy. Spread your protection over them, so that those who love your name may exult in you."May God lead, guide and direct you always! My prayers are with you......Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment